Minute Service Station #3
Image by NCinDC
Minute Service Station #3 at 10th & E Streets, NW in Washington, D.C. – circa 1925
The Minute Service stations were designed by Robert F. Beresford. Other local buildings designed by Beresford include the Mayflower Hotel, Tower Building, and hundreds of colonial style homes in the Washington area.
Washington Post Oct 8, 1922
"Extensive improvements have just been completed at the Automotive Accessories Company which conducts a large filling station and accessory business at Tenth and E streets northwest.
A large tile canopy has been placed over the pump platform and several oil and gasoline pumps have been added. Driveways have been widened and other improvements made to facilitate service. The downtown station is in [the] charge of Henry J. Sterzer. William T. and C.E. Calliher and Allan E. Walker are the proprietors."
From the Library of Congress’ National Photo Company Collection.